15.2.05

Tuesday morning

Was it Tuesday morning when I received a call from Paris? I can’t remember, but it will stamp at least one day in my life. A young voice asked me for a visit to a wind farm. She needed information about wind power in Galicia for United Press International, and an American radio program, ‘Voice of America’. The conversation in English was very funny. We should arrange the schedule in a few hours, trying to fill the whole day with interesting activities. Finally, the plan was complete, exactly on Friday, at 11 am, some hours before starting my weekend, quiet weekend, Valentine’s weekend.
We must meet at 8.45 am on Tuesday, next Tuesday, today, and the meeting took place.
It was a raining morning; I should find a little hotel in downtown, I was late. But she was waiting, maybe asking herself if that old conversation was a dream. But it was true, I was there; ready to introduce my partner in a new adventure through the wind world.
She was nice, she looked like a little girl, brilliant eyes and clean smile. Her suitcase looked bigger than her but she was strong. We could reach my car few minutes later, after the first words under the rain. (to be continued)

No hay comentarios: